We remain uncertain whether we will be able to play the competition, as open counting competitions are not yet permitted in Scotland. However we are putting all arrangements in place so that we are able to proceed at short notice if the go ahead is given.

Meanwhile, HCEG Muirfield have very kindly agreed that we may have use of the course on 17 August for non-counting golf. Therefore, if we are unable to hold the competition we will run a Tri-Am type competition – teams as per the start sheet. Full details of the arrangements, and also catering etc., will be published nearer the date of the competition.

We will publish Terms of Competition amended for the latest Covid rules. In the meantime please note that caddies will not be permitted, and that buggies (which must be booked through Muirfield) may only be used with the permission of the Committee.

If you are travelling up from England, please make sure that you are familiar with the up-to-date Scottish Covid guidance (e.g. 2m social distancing).

If you wish to withdraw at this stage, a full refund will be given. Please let us know as soon as possible as we have a long waiting list of people keen to play Muirfield.

Jane Nelson
Hon. Secretary, ELLCGA